Monday, March 2, 2015

Update 3/2/15

Its been an extremely long time since I've posted anything on this blog. There isn't any reason why I haven't been posting really, I just didn't make blogging an everyday hobby like I said I would. But anyway, here's an overview since I've been gone:



This pic was taken 12-27-13. As far as length goes it grew but the beanie is hiding the length. And they still look like twists just bushy.

 This was taken 3-21-14. not much of a length difference but the texture was definitely starting to change. 


This one was taken 6-6-2014. This is me enjoying that good ole summer heat on my back porch (: There was actually a lot of growth here, but I was three months post re-twist so my roots were super thick making my hair appear shorter. 

Okay this was taken 9-3-2014. It grew pretty good since the march photo. 


Okay here we are last month (2-13-15). I'll be two years locked on the tenth of this month. It's been a fun journey so far, I have no intentions of cutting/combing out my locs any time soon. I haven't done many styles yet just a pony or the half up half down but nothing fancy. I'm working on perfecting the basket weave then I'll probably be rocking different variations of that style. For those who may want to know my hair type I'd say 4a at the crown and 4b in the back as well as the sides. My wash and twist routine for last year or so has been every three months. I don't like my hair twisted often I prefer the thickness and also just letting it be most of the time. My last re-twist was 12-12-14 using Murray's Loc-Lock Gel and washing with the Mane 'n' Tail shampoo. I want to stop using gel, not because of build up but to have one less thing in my hair. The only thing I put in my hair after a re-twist is olive or coconut oil. Some loc wearers enjoy conditioning but I prefer hot oil treatments instead. I don't palm roll I just twist the roots because I don't mind frizz and I use a hand held dryer to dry it for about thirty to forty minutes. Well, there's my update. I'm going to really make an effort to post more often so don't hesitate to follow me (:






2 comments: