Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Vegetarian Diet

A while back I stated my thoughts about being vegetarian, but now that it has been a few weeks I can talk about how I feel. Honestly I feel so much lighter mentally and physically. I'm also more energetic and less sluggish and lazy. Coming from a meat lover, I was shocked that I was able to easily and quickly give up meat. I didn't take little baby steps, I just instantly stopped. I don't even crave it from time to time. I mean I was one of those people who felt like a meal wasn't complete unless some kind of meat was included. So I'm pretty amazed at myself. But I do believe I am experiencing some side effects from this sudden change. I've been having small boils, bumps, welts pop up every now and again and then disappear. I believe my body is having a withdrawal because I've never had anything like this going on until now. But other than that I'm doing fine. All I've been really eating is vegetables, fruit, rice, and beans. In between that I'll have a snack which probably isn't so healthy, but my main focus was to stop eating meat. I do want to get to a point where everything I put in and on my body is 100% natural and organic, and I will. Sweets and junk food is my bigger problem but I can see myself not eating anymore of it in about a month because I barely eat it now compared to how I used to.  So now a typical day for me is oatmeal  with fruit in the morning, steamed vegetables for lunch, and probably more vegetables and rice for dinner. I drink more water than I used to, and just more conscious of what I put in my body now. Like I said I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm not going to be too hard on myself because its a working progress. I'm going to start juicing as well as soon as I get my hands on a juicer, and a blender because I want to make smoothies too. All in all I'm really happy, I wake up happy for no reason and I know the best is yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. Hi NewlyLocdBeauty! I used to be a vegetarian too! I still do not eat a lot of meat. Usually fish, mostly salmon abd rainbow trout. I love fresh vegatables. I also do the Gluten free foods. I bake using almond flour, flax seed and coconut flour.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete